Located in Perth, Western Australia, we are a volunteer-run organisation designed to offer friendly, relaxed an un-auditioned ensemble opportunities for young and old. Our volunteers belong to at least one of our orchestras (and have been known to swap between them!) and their passion for their instrument is second to none.
Our 2021 Ensembles are:
- The Dorkestra – an intermediate and advanced ensemble for adult string and woodwind players
- The Awkwardstra – an intermediate ensemble for adult string and woodwind players
- String Beans – for primary school students developing technique and performance skills
Our organising committee includes members of the adult ensembles and parents of the children’s ensembles. We know that many hands make light work and greatly welcome new members to join our 6 weekly meetings and participate in keeping our show on the road!
Our 2021 Committee includes:
- Chair – H. Chapman
- Vice Chair – D. Thompson
- Secretary – C. Murata
- Treasurer – S. Gountas
- Enquiries Contact – K. Makowiecka
- Dorkestra Coordinator – V. Arnott
- Awkwardstra Coordinator – A. Mayne
- String Beans Coordinator – I . Cooper
About Our Maestro & Conductor:
Daemon Clark is a violinist, pianist, conductor and graduate of the School of Music at the University of Western Australia. Active as a performer and music educator, he has a passion for nurturing classical music in the community through student and community orchestras and chamber ensembles, including the Perth Summer Orchestra Camp, the String Beans, the Awkwardstra and the Dorkestra and as a WAYO tutor. Teaching violin and viola at Hale School, Daemon is also a keen performer, exploring chamber music repertoire with other passionate musicians.